Thanks for taking the time and energy to coach a Sharks junior basketball team. We can guarantee that being an important part of a player’s development and enjoyment of basketball is an awesome feeling.
Coaches must be registered with the Club and meet all Child Safety requirements to participate as a coach and receive coaching benefits. This is a Sharks and SBA requirement managed through the Everproof system. Click here for instructions on how to register.
Registered coaches are entitled to either:
- 50% refund of fees paid for the child/sibling in the team coached, or
- a Rebel voucher for the same amount.
One coaching refund per team is available.
Coaches receive free entry to the stadium when coaching – simply ask to sign in at the desk. (Note only one coach per team can sign in free).
The Sharks is pleased to offer assistance to all of our coaches and teams in the form of our resident, highly experienced Director of Coaching, Jordan Vandenberg. Jordan will be available to work with teams and their coach during training sessions. We encourage you to take advantage of this fantastic resource. For more information about Jordan click here
To book in a session (or two!) with Brandon please contact Malcolm at email@example.com
The Club offers coaches a training bag with a range of equipment including a coach’s board, bibs, tennis balls (great for skill development), whistle and cones.
To inquire about obtaining one of these bags email Malcolm at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Coaching Resources
Here are just a few coaching resources to assist you:
- Southern Basketball Association (SBA) Domestic Coach Manual
- Beaumaris Sharks Coaching Manual
- Basketball Victoria Coaching podcasts
- Basketball Australia Coaching Resources
- BBallbreakdown (YouTube) On court demonstrations and more
- Breakthrough Basketball.com Drills for coaches and a great coaching blog
- Homecourt App
- Some reading: 21 Life Lessons Kids Learn Through Youth Sports