Beaumaris Basketball Club Inc.
25th Annual General Meeting
Monday 28th November 2022 at 7.30pm.
SBA Meeting Room upstairs,
Tulip Street, Sandringham
Annual General Meeting
Call to meeting & apologies
Confirmation of Minutes from previous Annual General Meeting
Receive Board Reports:
President’s Report Richard
Secretary’s Report Fiona
Financial Report Kathy
Election of Directors of the Club:
Vice – President
General Member (x1)
Appointment of Auditor for 2022/23
Sharks Parents, Coaches and Team Managers are invited and encouraged to attend our Annual General Meeting to have your say in how your club is run.
Members are also encouraged to contribute by joining the Board or casting their vote at the AGM.
Election of Directors
(1) Nominations of candidates for election as Directors of the Club must be:
(a) made in writing, signed by two members of the club and accompanied by the written consent of the candidate (which may be endorsed on the form of nomination); and
(b) delivered to the Secretary of the Club not less than seven (7) days before the date fixed for the holding of the Annual General Meeting.
(2) A candidate may only be nominated for one position prior to the Annual General Meeting.
(3) If no nomination is received for any vacancy, nominations may be called for at the meeting.
(4) If only one nomination is received for any vacancy to be filled, the candidate nominated shall be deemed elected.
(5) If the numbers of nominations for any vacancy exceeds one, a ballot shall be held. If a person nominated for a position as a Director is defeated in that election, they may be nominated at the Annual General Meeting for any position that is at that time not determined.
(6) The ballot for the election of Directors must be conducted at the Annual General Meeting in such manner as the Board directs.
For a nomination form please contact the Secretary at email@example.com and submit the completed form seven (7) days prior to the AGM.
How to vote
In line with our Constitution, a parent or guardian of a playing, paid up member who has not reached the age of 18 at the time of a General Meeting may nominate to the Secretary in writing prior to the General Meeting that he or she represents the junior playing member and that the parent or guardian will become a member with full voting rights for the Annual General Meeting. One vote per child is allocated.
To nominate simply provide your name, your child’s name (and current team) to the Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org seven (7) days prior to the AGM.
You must attend the AGM to vote (no proxies are accepted under the Constitution)
Looking forward to seeing you all there,